Fragrance Favourites

By Zoe - 2/05/2018

Hi there!


A few weeks ago, I was having a conversation with a friend about how we relate our favourite perfumes to situations or memories. For example, my all time favourite perfume is 'La Vie est Belle' by Lancome and my Mum always buys me a bottle for Christmas. So, whenever I smell this perfume, I am always reminded of Christmas morning! Because of this conversation, I was inspired to write a blog post about my current favourite perfumes.

'Coco Mademoiselle' by Chanel


This fragrance is a cult classic and is a seductive blend of grapefruit, jasmine and rose. Growing up, this was my Mum's signature fragrance and when I was a teen, she wore this everywhere she went. I think that is why I love this scent so much. However, when I originally tried it, I did not actually like it! This was my fault as I sprayed *way* too much on my skin. Like all Chanel fragrances, you have to spray them very lightly and allow the product some time to develop on your skin. Once I realised that this perfume was not like my old trusty "So..?" perfumes (and I did not need to spray half of the bottle) I loved the smell of it! It is priced at £62 per 50ml bottle (HERE).

'Black Opium' by YSL


I bought this fragrance early last year and it has lasted such a long time! It has notes of white floral and vanilla, and it is very much a "night out" fragrance. When I first tried it in-store, the sales assistant said that it had "vanilla and black coffee" which is a main reason why I bought it. C'mon, I love anything with coffee! Lastly, the design of this bottle is simply stunning and I could not resist the glitter. It's priced at £44 per 30ml bottle (HERE).

'Little Black Dress' by Avon


I thought that I would throw in a budget friendly favourite of mine, because these other perfumes are a little pricey! I was given this perfume for Christmas by my Aunt and I love it. It has notes of honeysuckle and milk heart, and it smells similar to Hugo Boss' 'Nuit Femme' fragrance. It is priced at £5 per 50ml bottle (HERE), but the scent and packaging make it look far more expensive! I have been using this fragrance daily and I tend to throw it in my bag, using it to freshen up at work or university. As I said before, I'm weird and I associate fragrances with places, so I tend to wear my cheaper scents to work... as I usually end up hating them after a few months. But, at the minute, I really do love it!

'Modern Muse' by Estee Lauder


I've realised whilst writing this post, that I tend to go for musky, floral scents containing jasmine, rose or honeysuckle. And, Modern Muse is really not that different. This is another one that reminds me of my Mum, as I used to buy it for her for Christmas. I recently re-discovered this and this has to be my favourite " dress up and go on a day trip" fragrance. It has a sweet floral scent but it is not over-powering, and I find the scent tends to nicely linger all day. It is priced at £29.50 per 30ml bottle (HERE).

'Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet' by Dior


Finally, I had to mention this as one of my favourites over the past few months. I was given this as a gift for my 21st birthday and I love the scent of it. Both the packaging and the scent are so luxurious, and the perfume brings back lots of lovely memories for me. This fragrance is a mix of Sicilian oranges, peonies and roses, and the floral scent comes across as incredibly fresh. It is perfect during the day or in the evening, but it can be overpowering if you spray too much, so have a light hand. It is priced as £42 per 30ml bottle (HERE).

Thank you so much for reading my post. Feel free to comment down below and do let me know what your favourite fragrances are!

XO Zoe

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments