Music | The Weekend Essentials

By Zoe - 2/10/2018

Hi there!

I normally share my favourite songs on Mondays, but I thought that I would share what I am currently listening to a little early. So, here are my weekend essentials!


(Disclaimer: These are not my songs... Full copyright disclaimer at the bottom of this post!)

Noah Cyrus ft MO 'We Are'


I've talked about Noah Cyrus before but I cannot get enough of her music. I have adored every single that she has released so far, and I cannot wait until she releases a full album! This is definitely an angst-filled song, but it's so catchy.

Paramore 'Fake Happy'


I used to be a huge Paramore fan and I was lucky enough to see them live before the band split. If I'm being honest, I kind of went off of them for a while, but the re-introduction of Zac Farro has taken the band in a great direction.

Chloe Howl 'Do It Alone'



I found Chloe Howl on YouTube a few months ago and I needed to share her music. Her vocals are outstanding, and she reminds me of Dua Lipa. This is one of my favourites from her... not forgetting, that she looks amazing in this video!

Rudimental ft. Jess Glynne and Macklemore 'These Days'


Macklemore is one of my favourite rappers so, I generally like any of his songs. But, this new release is an epic combination. This song is sad, longing, uplifting, lonely, upbeat and chill all at the same time.

Noah Kahan & Julia Michaels 'Hurt Somebody'


I'd never properly listened to Noah Kahan before I listened to this song, but boy, is he talented. His voice, combined with the stunning vocals from Julia Michaels, makes for a heart-wrenching duet.

Marshmello ft Anne-Marie 'Friends'


This is a new one from Marshmello and I love how blatantly honest this song is... I mean, it is branded as the "official friend-zoned anthem". And, it has been released just in time for valentines day.

Sigrid 'Strangers'


You have probably heard this song about 475633 times and it is probably still doing your head in. This song has actually driven me crazy for months! However, I've succumbed to this annoyingly catchy song over the past week, and I love it! It's one of my new favourites.

Nina Nesbitt 'Somebody Special'



I first heard of Nina when 'Stay Out' was released a few years ago, but I recently discovered that she has been releasing a lot of new music lately. If you like this, listen to "The Moments I'm Missing". It's *so* good.

Madison Beer 'Teenager in Love'


I've never really been a huge fan of Madison Beer. I have heard her old pop songs and did not really like them, but her new album is pretty good! And, I really like this song. It reminds me of Ariana Grande's Honeymoon Avenue album, as it sort of has that smooth jazzy vibe to it.

Carlie Hanson 'Only One'


Last, but not least, I'm sharing a favourite from 2017. And, I cannot believe this video on has 33k views on YouTube, as Carlie Hanson is incredibly talented. This is great song and deserves so much more recognition!

Thank you for reading my post! What are you listening to at the minute?

XO Zoe

*** Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. ***

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments