Review | Urban Decay All Nighter Concealer

By Zoe - 2/02/2018

Urban Decay's 'All Nighter' make up range guarantees to keep your make up looking flawless for hours on end. The range includes a popular foundation and a cult-classic setting spray, and last week Urban Decay added the All Nighter concealer to this range. And, I was very excited! This concealer is priced at £20 for a 3.5ml tube, and it is guaranteed to keep your make up smudge-proof... In theory. As I swear by Urban Decay's incredibly popular Naked Skin concealer, I knew that the All Nighter concealer had a lot of hype to live up to. In this post, I'll be sharing my thoughts on this product and if it lives up to my expectations!


First Impressions

When I went to purchase the new concealer, I asked the assistant on the Urban Decay counter what she honestly thought of the product. She told me that it was "very full-coverage" and compared the product to Tarte's Shape Tape Concealer.

On application, I found the coverage just right. I have a lot of freckles, and I have never been able to find a concealer that covers them without making my make-up look "cakey". The finish is matte and it had a blurring effect on my pores. I'm not lying when I say that it made my skin look airbrushed. I took the photo (pictured below) just after finishing my make up, and I did not edit it or add any filters. Overall, I was really impressed with the product on application!

Longevity



The whole selling point of this concealer is that it will last a long time. And ideally, I want my make up to last around 12 hours, as that is how long my shifts are. I interact with so many people and I want my make up looking set and natural at all times. I decided to test this product at home first, to avoid looking crazy in public if it did not work for me. I applied this at 9am and I set the concealer in place with my trusty Laura Mercier translucent powder, before finishing everything off with the All Nighter setting spray.

I wanted to really put this concealer to the test so, I decided to workout wearing it... And, I just wanted to say that I never normally exercise whilst wearing make up! But, I wanted to see if this concealer would sweat off easily. On this particular day, I combined thirty minutes of HIIT (high intensity interval training) with thirty minutes of total body strength training. By the end of the workout, I was a sweaty mess! However, when I looked in the mirror, I was actually shook... in a good way. My make up was glowing, but my face did not look like that much of an oil-slick. And, when I cooled down from workout, my make up dried and set back into place, like I had never exercised in the first place.

(After my workout!)

Later in the day, I decided to take my dog for a long walk and it bucketed down with rain. Still, my concealer stayed on and it looked exactly the same! I decided to remove my make up at 6pm. At this time, I looked a little bit dewy and my blusher had faded, but everything was still in place... I still looked presentable.

How It Compares


Due to the popularity of the Naked Skin concealer, it's only fair that I compare the two concealers. First off, I want to compare the price and the amount of product you receive. The All Nighter concealer is priced at £20 for a 3.5ml tube, whilst, the Naked Skin is priced at £19.50 for a 5ml. This means that you get more for your money when you buy the Naked Skin concealer!


I also wanted to swatch each concealer next to each other, to see if the shades swatched the same. Pictured above is both concealers swatched in the shade "Fair Neutral", and at first, they do swatch exactly the same. However, when the All Nighter concealer dries down, it does oxidise to a slightly warmer shade. This makes the two shades look slightly different, but it is not a massive colour change and it did not make a difference to me.

That leads me on to the next thing... The All Nighter concealer dries down *VERY* quickly! I applied the concealer to one side of my face, blended it with a damp Real Techniques sponge straight away and it blended flawlessly. On the other side of my face, I left it for between 15 and 20 seconds. Then, when I tried to blend it out, it was difficult to move around as it had dried down so quickly. I'm definitely one for getting distracted when I apply my make up, so be aware!

Overall, I really did love this concealer. It's easy to apply and dries down to a smooth, matte-finish quickly. It's full-coverage, but does not my make up look unnatural or cakey. It also lasts a long time on my skin. The real downer for me is that you're paying £20 for 3.5ml of product, so, you're basically paying a hefty price for the packaging! And, although the packaging is nice, I would prefer more product!

So, what do you think of this concealer? Leave a comment down below, letting me know your thoughts!

XO Zoe

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments